Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Accepting That I am Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

May 31, 2013: "I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalms 16:8

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalms 139:13-14

The very word “malformation” means that something is wrong. It is not as it should be. Now, I have a problem with that, mostly because my Creator knew what He was doing when he crafted me decades ago in my mother’s womb. It was on purpose. So, what doctors call “bad” or “wrong” is more accurately just different than the norm. It is deemed “rare” by scientists and viewed “weird” by anyone I talk to about it. It would be easy to agree with all of that. In short, it is a conscious choice to accept this as part of what makes me unique, rather than a cruel hand dealt by a distant God.

In Luke 12, Jesus reminds His listeners that not even a sparrow is forgotten by God. He goes on to say, “But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.” (v. 7) The hairs on my head are numbered. He even knows how many hairs I’ll have after they shave part of my head. :) It causes me to marvel at His goodness when I think of the attention He pays to every detail of our lives. Zephaniah 3:17 reminds us that He fights for us and sings over us. From the beginning pages of Genesis we learn that we are made in His image and that we are very good (Gen. 1:27, 31). Ephesians 2:10 speaks a priceless truth to my heart that “[I am] His workmanship, created for good works.” This God of incredible creativity and minute detail knew that this battle would fall in my lap. The amazing thing is that He fights battles for His kids! 

Thank you, Father, for allowing me to rest in your arms. You didn’t need results of an MRI to know how I was formed. You knew it all along. Thank you for trusting me with this challenge now. Let me bring you glory every step of the way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment