So, I’ve had several people ask me if I’m journaling about this journey, if I’m recording my experiences. Until now, I haven’t. I’ve reflected and wondered. I’ve “written” entire blog entries in my head, but I just haven’t recorded every event. I don’t really know why. I am a huge proponent of journaling. I even enjoy the act of writing. I just haven’t taken the time to do it. Until today. Today marks a change. And I think the main reason I haven’t written is that I really don’t care what I have to say. I do, however, want to record what God is teaching me.
You see, I have a terrible short term memory problem. In that way I’m a lot like the Israelites. God’s people witnessed miracle after miracle. God traveled with them and guided them. He rescued them time after time, and showed up big in battle after battle. Yet, they forgot. They were rescued from hundreds of years in slavery (and let’s remember that rescue included the parting of the Red Sea!) and within three (count ‘em, THREE) days they were grumbling and complaining that they should have just stayed in Egypt. Wow. I get so frustrated with the Israelites every time I read the Old Testament, yet I admit I’m the same way! Time after time God has shown Himself mighty in my life. He has rescued me from bondage and made a way where there had been none. He has calmed my seas. He has turned “no’s” into “yeses” and has answered prayers beyond what I could even think to ask. And yet... I forget. I grumble and complain within days of witnessing His miracles in my life. So, today I begin journaling. Not for any reason accept to record God’s faithfulness and goodness and sovereignty and love.
God, I give this to you. If there is anything I can say that might make your name more known or to bring You glory, I ask that you bless this. Hide me behind You. May this never be about me, but constantly about You.
No comments:
Post a Comment